Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dear Sherry


Dear Sherry, I know from our friends on the Facebook page how loved you are by everyone here.  I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your dear husband, Dale.

This afternoon I slowly read through many of your comments.  It was a moving experience to see your story unfold. 

You are such a delightful, high spirited woman, so full of kindness and good cheer.  Reading your words it took me awhile to understand what the DDs and DHs were, but finally I realized that these were your dear daughters and dear husband.  I see that people are very dear to you!

There is a story of you as a young woman that I especially love, from a time when you were a world more carefree than you feel now.  "I tossed my poodle into the basket on my bike and off we went."  Those were days in the sun.

These are days around the fire.  Yesterday, which I now know was your last day together, we were talking here about what it means to be around the fire.  It means the kind of openness we only share when we accept the darkness together.  It is what I mean by the Conversation. 

Reading your words and between your words, I feel that kind of conversation opened up between you and your dear husband once you both accepted what was to come.  You spoke as if these last weeks were among the most sacred times of your whole married life together.  

I hope someday you will be able to look back on these times and even be glad for them.  Not despite the loss, but because there was someone so dear to lose.



5 comments:

  1. Dear Sherry,
    please accept my sincere condolences. May your happy memories of the years together sustain you in this time of grief. God bless!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss, Sherry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry - I have just returned from being away and read this news. Thinking of you and holding you in the light. What a depth of sorrow. May you be strengthened, comforted and upheld. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comprehensive Home Discover UK houses available available on the market, provides, home costs and books on working home and loans support on ...
    sherry house

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.